In today’s economy, the supply chain represents a priority only for businesses actively engaged in procuring, manufacturing, and distributing the goods and services to their customers.
To truly create circular supply chains, we need to enable a collective awareness for businesses and customers, a link between responsible production and consumption, emerging in one direction: creating a circular, more transparent, and productive world.
This is Nexity’s mission, and we have a deadline. It will be a long process, and a network effect is required to achieve those goals.
The value chain approach
Nexity Network is mapping a framework for catalyzing technology-based solutions and actions on sustainable production and consumption to identify key points of intervention within the supply chains to reduce natural resource use and environmental impacts caused by overproduction and consumerism.
This approach anchors the supply chain’s impact on the socio-economic reality by drawing on diverse bodies of knowledge and innovation.
Three steps, multiple actions
Understand the value chain and identity key hotspots
- Defining the value chain;
- Mapping data on natural resource use and environmental impacts;
- Applying a system analysis;
- Creating and implementing the right technology based on the market needs;
Consolidate existing action and identity opportunities
- Identifying gaps and opportunities;
- Creating links between all stakeholders;
- Delivering educational resources and education with a practical approach;
- Focusing on value-added, not on products;
Prioritize the features and inputs
- Holistic: Providing a picture of all actors, processes, and drivers;
- Systemic: Understanding how different drivers shape operations along the value chain;
- Relatable: Anchored in economic activities of production and consumption;
- Actionable: Enabling decision-makers to analyze their efforts by identifying key impact zones;
Nexity Network is mapping the entire chain of economic activities by understanding what is happening at different stages of the value chain as well as how the supply chain operates as part of a circular economic system.
Adopting a value-chain approach helps identify strategic intervention points and shape corresponding actions that simultaneously improve natural resource management and achieve multiple sustainability objectives.
By being specific (type of resource, kind of impact, stage of the lifecycle) and engaging all stakeholders, this approach generates actionable solutions at different levels by different actors.
What is Nexity Network?
Nexity Network is building a blockchain-enabled, circular, more transparent, and productive world to rethink how everything is designed, created, used, and recycled, from the food we eat to the clothes we wear and how we do business.
Nexity is creating the next economy to serve as a bridge for the companies and customers to enable transparently, responsible, and secure product/service flows. Our ecosystem is positioned to solve supply chain complexities, focusing on day-to-day operational activity from environmental damages, visibility gaps to trust between parties, and fragmented data exchange.
Nexity Public Relations