In recent years, resource conditions have been drawn, environmental pollution has become increasingly serious, and ecosystems have been continuously contaminated.
This not only constrains the development of social production but also affects the quality of life for residents. Human activities mainly cause global environmental problems.
Over-consumption of natural resources has fetched extra load to the earth, overpowered the environment, and hurt the natural balance.
The Green Society
Our actions have global repercussions, and our consumption is directly linked to the use of resources. Therefore, building a green culture and promoting responsible behaviors is unavoidable and essential.
Green consumption is a pro-environmental behavior. Consumers pay attention to protecting the environment in three stages: purchase, use, and disposal of items.
Changing conventional consumption patterns and practicing green consumption will positively impact the construction and development of a green society.
To promote the actions, we must figure out how consumers' pro-environmental awareness affects everyday lifestyle and how the perceived costs of policy interventions influence green behaviors because everyone's behavior is rooted in a specific cultural background.
A complex purchasing decision process forms individual consumer behavior under various stimulating factors. Environmental knowledge, affection, and individual responsibility are important components of pro-environmental understanding.
Environmental knowledge is the prerequisite to generating awareness because when consumers have a deeper understanding of environmental issues, they are more willing to adopt green behaviors.
The environmental knowledge ranking mainly marks the ecological cognition scale, and it is measured using the following:
- I'm aware oceans and rivers are being polluted;
- I'm aware of the risks of the ozone hole;
- I'm aware global warming is happening;
The environmental affection ranking mainly marks the affection part of the ecological product selection process, and it is measured using the following:
- I think most of the things I eat contain pesticides, which makes me very scared;
- Environmental pollution poses a great threat to the survival of animals and plants, which makes me very angry;
- The government has not taken more measures to control pollution, which makes me very unhappy;
- I feel frustrated about the smoke in the air;
The responsibility ranking refers to the environmental scale, and it is measured using the following:
- Unless each of us acknowledges the need to protect the environment, our future generations will pay the consequences;
- If each of us contributes a little to environmental protection, it will have a significant impact on the environment;
- If everyone chooses green consumption, it is noteworthy for environmental protection;